TABLE OF CONTENTS
1 Hardware issues
Q: Can I use my MOZA Racing wheel base on my Xbox or PS?
A: The products we offer are currently only compatible with Windows PCs. Mac OS, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X is currently not offcially supported.
Q: Compatibility of MOZA R21/R16/R9 wheel base with Fanatec and Thrustmaster and other brands of hardware?
A: We are always asked if it is possible to use Fanatec and Thrustmaster or other brands of wheels, pedals, shifters, and other accessories with MOZA Racing. Often, devices from different vendors are not compatible with each other. So you can’t directly connect products from different companies to each other, or at least not support that way.
There may be adapters on the market that make this combination possible, but due to the different technologies used in the hardware and different signal tolerances, these solutions are unreliable even with similar specs. MOZA Racing cannot make any representations regarding third-party adapters or similar solutions. Of course, we are striving to achieve the highest possible incompatibility between all devices, although this is not easy to achieve. For any compatibility issues, we can only direct you to the information provided on our product pages or FAQs.
Q: Can I use other cables to connect the base and computer (USB, RJ12, etc.)?
A: In theory, any RJ12 and USB cables with the correct connectors on both ends could be used, however, MOZA cannot guarantee perfect functionality because of the involvement of the third-party products.
Q: If I buy a MOZA Racing wheel base with the GS/RS/CS wheel do I have to buy the extra QR (Quick Release)? Or does the wheel come with one/ can the wheel be mounted to the base without the QR?
A: The MOZA Racing wheel base and steering wheel already come with a matching quick release. If you are using a third-party steering wheel, you need to purchase a quick release that meets the D1 SPEC specification to install it on our base.
Q: Can other brands of steering wheels be connected to the MOZA Racing wheel base?
A: Yes, as long as the steering wheel that meets the D1 SPEC specification quick release can be connected to the MOZA Racing base, but the interaction between the paddles and buttons of the steering wheel body requires the steering wheel to be connected to the computer by other means.
However, it should be noted that after using a third-party steering wheel, you need to select the actual inertia ratio of the third-party steering wheel in MOZA Pit House, otherwise the off-hand protection will not work properly.
Q: The steering wheel is not centered
A: The base will not center the steering wheel when it leaves the factory. Users need to click the center after turning the steering wheel to the center state visible to the naked eye on the MOZA Pit House homepage.
A: Yes, it is recommended to wear gloves for better control of the steering force and a more realistic racing experience, while reducing the wear and tear of the steering wheel leather.
Q: The wheel base cannot be turned on
A: please confirm:
- Is the power cord plugged in?
- Is the switch (if any) on the power cord turned on
- Whether the switch at the end of the base has been clicked
- Is there any damage to the power supply and cables
- Any visible damage to the power port on the base
If the above troubleshooting does not help, please contact our technical support firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Q: The wheel base does not respond when connected to power or suddenly loses response during the game.
A: Please check if the power cable is loose.
After confirming that there is no problem, open “USB game controllers” and check the device connection status.
If the faulty device is in the list, select the device and click Properties to go to the Test TAB to check whether the device works properly.
If the device works, try reconfiguring it in the game.
If the device does not work properly, check that the device is properly configured in the MOZA Pit House.
If the device is not listed in the "USB game controllers" list, or the MOZA Pit House cannot detect the device, please contact our technical support at email@example.com for further assistance.
Q: Can I mount my MOZA Racing device on a custom or 3rd party cockpit?
A: MOZA Racing wheel base can be mounted with separate bracket (apply on MOZA R21/R16/R9) and table clamp (apply on MOZA R9). There are integrated mounting holes in those products which can be used.
*If you do use any 3rd party cockpit / rig / wheelstand product (e.g. Playsteats, Obutto, Nextlevel ...) please ask the production company about MOZA Racing product compatibilty.
You can use the table clamp to mount the MOZA R9 to a table or desk as in Figure below:
MOZA Racing wheel base can be mounted with separate bracket that can convert 4 Pin to 3 Pin Adapter mounting as in Figure below. Mounting brackets be found from MOZA Racing Store.
Q: The MOZA Pit House shows a wheel base disconnect during the game
A: Try the following steps to solve the problem:
1. Rotate the steering wheel to feel whether there is force feedback from the game and whether the visual angle steering wheel in the game will rotate with the physical steering wheel
2. If there is force feedback from the game, and the steering wheel of the perspective in the car rotates with the physical steering wheel, it indicates that the MOZA Pit House software mistakenly thinks that the wheel base is disconnected. At this time, follow Q: How to send error report / MOZA Pit House has a Crash / Exception
3. If there is no force feedback from the game, and the car angle steering wheel turns with the physical steering wheel, it indicates that there is a problem with the wheel base adapter (110V/220V to 36V) and the wheel base adapter needs to be replaced
4. If there is no force feedback from the game and the angle steering wheel in the car does not rotate with the physical steering wheel, it indicates that there is something wrong with the wheel base itself, skip to step 5
5. Change to other games, such as Assetto Corsa, for testing. If the symptoms of Step 4 still appear, the base needs to be replaced
Q: During the game, MOZA Pit House occasionally shows that the wheel base is disconnected, some games can be played and some games cannot be played
A: If you play some games such as "F1 2021", the connection will occasionally be disconnected, but some games will not.
You can check whether the wheel base USB is connected to the computer through the USB HUB, and you can try to connect the wheel base directly to the computer without the USB HUB.
Or change the connected USB interface of the computer. For example, the USB interface connected to the front panel of the computer can be changed to the USB interface of the rear panel of the computer, or .
If it still doesn't work, please refer to " " to solve the problem.
Q: If the Wheel Base feels numb like it has been electrified, how to solve it?
A: Feel the numbness of the electric is the suspension potential, is due to induction or conduction generation, the biggest possibility of generating the suspension potential is that the socket at home does not have a grounding wire or the ground wire contact is poor, please first confirm whether there is a grounding wire at home, if there is no ground wire, the metal shell of the electrical appliance will have a certain current, although the current does not necessarily cause harm to the human body, but for the safety of you and your family, it is still recommended to contact a regular electrician to check and upgrade the circuit at home. If you do confirm that the socket in the home has a grounding wire, it may be caused by poor contact with the ground wire at home, you can try the following methods:
- Please replace a socket, such as other plugs at home or choose to buy a big brand of good quality sockets, if it is directly plugged into the wall, choose another socket on the wall to try;
- Please confirm whether the AC cable of the power supply is in good contact with the plug board, whether the AC cable of the power supply and the power supply body are in good contact, whether the DC line of the power supply is in good contact with the Base, and it is best to re-plug in each connection.
If you confirm that the socket at home has a grounding wire and the contact between each link and the ground wire is good, there is still a suspension potential, please contact customer service as soon as possible, thank you.
2 FFB and software issues
Q: The wheel base has a slight periodic rattling sound, especially when the steering wheel is removed from wheel the base or a third-party steering wheel is used
A: The rattling sound of the base is because the base is trying to pair with the steering wheel. If the steering wheel has been successfully paired with the base, there will be no such sound.
When the wheel base's "Steering Wheel Access Detection" is set to "continuous", the base will continuously try to pair with the steering wheel. If the steering wheel is removed from the wheel base or a third-party steering wheel is used, the sound will always be heard because the wheel base has never been successfully paired with the steering wheel.
If you really need to eliminate the sound, you can set the "Steering Wheel Access Detection" of the wheel base to "automatic", and perform "Calibrate Steering Wheel Automatic Detection" in MOZA Pit House Recovery and Reset page when using this mode for the first time (although it will be calibrated once at the factory, it is most affected by environmental factors. good to re-calibrate). This way the base will only attempt to pair with the steering wheel when it detects that the steering wheel is engaged, rather than continuously trying to pair causing a rattling sound.
Q: After opening MOZA Pit House and entering the setting page, error messages such as pedestal failure and pedestal initialization are displayed. Restarting the pedestal cannot solve the problem/the pedestal needs to be re-calibrated
1. Power the wheel base and connect to the computer, open MOZA Pit House and recognize the wheel base, select the icon at the bottom of the window sidebar, and switch to the "Recovery and Reset" tab, as shown in the following figure:
2. Next, follow the notes and procedures in the column on the left side of the page to restore and reset the base. Pay attention to the following three points:
- Tap the buttons in order
- Before restoring and resetting, remove the steering wheel
- After recovery and reset, manually press the power button on the back of the base to power off the base, then press power to power on
Q: Steam game doesn't recognize the wheel base
1. Open Steam, select "view" - "Settings" - "Controller"
2. Uncheck the "General Gamepad Settings support" in the "General Controller Settings"
If the problem persists, please reinstall Steam.
Q: What should I do if the steering wheel angle in the game view is inconsistent with the steering wheel angle of the MOZA Racing wheel base?
A: This problem usually occurs in games that have no calibration and only binding, such as Assetto Corsa (AC), Assetto Corsa Competizione(ACC) and rFactor 2, etc. You can try the following methods:
1. Set the steering wheel angle in the game to a relatively large value, such as 900 degrees. At the same time, set the steering wheel angle to 900 in MOZA Pit House, and then it can be matched. The disadvantage is that if the variable angle of the steering wheel in the game is relatively small, for example, the formula racing car has only 360 degrees, when the maximum angle is exceeded, the force feedback sent by the game force will be abnormal.
2. Find out the steering wheel angle of the selected vehicle, and set the in-game and MOZA Pit House to the steering wheel angle of the selected vehicle. This is the best experience. The disadvantage of this method is that each vehicle needs to be adjusted individually.
3. MOZA Pit House provides a steering wheel soft limit that is better than the Assetto Corsa game, only need to adjust the maximum limit angle and steering angle inconsistency (Synchronous set to )
Q: What should I do if the steering wheel turns back and forth after entering the game?
A: This situation does not occur in the game under normal configuration, which is generally caused by the following reasons:
1. The steering wheel angle set in the game is inconsistent with the steering wheel angle of the base. For example, when the steering wheel outside the game turns 45 degrees, the steering wheel turns 180 degrees in the game. At this time, the feedback force signal is too large, which may cause the steering wheel to turn back and forth.
2. The steering wheel angle set in the game is consistent with the steering wheel angle of the base, but when the setting is abnormal in MOZA Pit House, the steering wheel will also turn back and forth. At this time, it is recommended to use the one-key setting directly, or increase the damping according to the actual situation, increase the moment of inertia, and reduce the strength of the game force feedback.
Q: In the game, after the wheel base is powered on again or the wheel base's USB port is unplugged, the steering wheel in the game does not respond?
A: After unplugging and plugging the USB port of the base in the game, the game thinks that the device has been disconnected, and it will not be recognized automatically when it is reconnected. You need to exit the game completely and re-enter the game to recognize the device.
Q: What should I do if the settings are successfully bound to the steering wheel steering and other related operations in the game, but the related operations cannot be performed in the game?
A: This problem is caused by the confusion of the game's recognition of the game controller. After closing the game and restarting the base, re-bind the axis/key to enter the game.
Q: When the vehicle is driving in a straight line, the hand is released, and the steering wheel tends to sway left and right or swings rapidly from side to side
A: In the force feedback settings page, try the following:1. Properly reduce the maximum speed of the steering wheel
2. Appropriately increase the mechanical damping
3. If you are playing a game that supports telemetry data, appropriately increase the Speed-dependent damping and lower the Start Point of Speed-dependt Damping, as shown in the figure below
Q: Not enough road feedback
A: Check out the actual situation with the following methods:
1. Adjust the road surface details, such as sideslip, ABS, road feel, etc in AC.;
2. It hasn't achieved the desired effect after setting up the relevant parameters, try the following settings:
- If the overall force is still too small, you can increase the feedback intensity in the game in MOZA Pit House;
If you only feel that part of the road feel is not enough, you can increase the "Road Feel Intensity" to 10, and increase the intensity of the road feel equalizer.
Q: The force feedback is reverse (mainly in RF2 games).
A: The default force feedback in RF2 is Positive, and it needs to be changed to Negative to make the game force feedback normal.
Q: If you could provide the SDK?
A: Usually we don't, please contact the official support.
Q: Wheel rotation in game does not reflect the rotation of the physical wheel? /
I have centered the steering wheel in MOZA Pit House, and the steering wheel is still deviated by an angle after entering the game
A: If the steering wheel is centered in MOZO Pit House but it is not centered in games, then we suggest you calibrate the wheel base. This also resolves the potential issue where wheel rotation in game does not reflect the rotation of the physical wheel.
1.1 Close the game you are playing
1.2 Reboot the Wheel Base
1.3 Find "Set up USB game controllers" in the "Start" menu
1.5 Select "Calibrate" in "Settings"
1.6 Complete the calibration according to the calibration wizard
(*Tips: For this first step in wizard : calibrating “X Axis/Y Axis” , move the wheel all the way to the stop in one direction and then the other. This is the step that will calibrate the wheel centre. )
(*Tips: When calibrating other Axis, if the steering wheel has such Axis, e.g. clutch paddles in Axis-Combine or Axis-Split mode, the Axis should be moved to the initial and termination limits, repeated more than twice. If the steering wheel does not have such Axis, press "Next>" to skip)